Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sling Runner

New release: Garmin 310 XT, waterproof for 50m, 20 hours battery

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/GAR116/

GARMIN® FORERUNNER® 310XT W/ HRM :: Take your triathlon training to the next level with the GPS-enabled Garmin® Forerunner® 310XT. This all-in-one heart rate monitor is swim-proof, has up to 20 hours of battery life and goes from wrist to bike in seconds. The Garmin® Forerunner® 310XT accurately tracks distance, pace and heart rate (some models) and wirelessly sends data to your computer.

Features & Benefits:

MultiSport GPS Fitness Watch

ANT+™ Technology Wirelessly Connects to Heart Rate Monitor, Foot Pod

Easy Transition from Swim to Bike to Run

High-Sensitivity GPS Receiver with HotFix™

Virtual Partner™

Advanced Heart-Rate Based Calorie Computation

Store, Analyze and Share Data at Garmin Connect™

The 310XT is the next evolution of Garmin’s popular 305 model, and adds a longer battery life—a staggering 20 hours—as well as waterproofing up to 50 meters, making it ideal for the triathlon set.

To be released in June. Price is USD 50-100 more expensive than Forerunner 405.

I've been using 305 since 2006 and have resisted the temptation to upgrade to 405 because I've been reading reviews that the bezel sucks when wet (I'm a heavy sweater) and battery life is short/erratic.

On the surface, the 310xt have features that solve all my issues - long battery life so I only need to charge the battery once every 2 weeks and it's waterpoof (even the buttons are fully covered), eventhough I don't do triathlon.

And just like the 305, I always like the 4-window display (405 only has 3 ??)

Anyone interested to do bulk purchase from the US? :P

The orange colour is okay but for the size, I find it a LITTLE big :(

other than that, everything is okay! :D but then may not buy because no money! :(

I like this too.

405 kinda sucks, cos I cannot use it for multi-sports. =(

Sneak preview on you tube....love they put the watch inside a small fish tank :)

http://www.chipchick.com/2009/04/garmin.html

Similar to my 305 in terms of the display (4 data fields)..yay.. :smilie_daumen1:

It's a sign that Garmin is a customer-focused company. They listened to all complaints on 405 (half of reviews in Amazon.com are negative) and now come back to release a new product based on their best selling Forerunner 305.

The 405CX brings increased accuracy in heart rate-based calorie computation. Using new algorithms developed by exercise scientists and world-class athletes, the Forerunner 405CX monitors the micro changes in a user’s heart rate and uses that detailed information to better calculate the number of calories burned during aerobic activity. The 405CX comes with two additional form-fitting bands to accommodate large or small wrists.

ahh... i see.

"The 405CX comes with two additional form-fitting bands to accommodate large or small wrists."

This looks good. Don't think any of the other competitors has this. :)

Thanx for the info!

The model "Garmin Forerunner 310XT" looks "coooool". I like the design.

The problem is 20hrs battery life only. Why the design for 20 hours battery life only? They should design long term like 1 year.

Another feature, 50m waterproof. Nowadays, technology are so marvelous, sooner or later they will come up another one model, may be 100m waterproof or 200m waterproof.

Garmin Forerunner 405CX - round shape...looks very normal, not waterproof. at least water resistance(not mentioned). Expensive. Good - got a graphic to monitor your heart beat while running.

The problem is 20hrs battery life only. Why the design for 20 hours battery life only? They should design long term like 1 year.

I am sorry but I think you don't have a clue....it's 20 hrs before you need to recharge the battery (just like a mobile phone)

If you want a 1 year battery, then the watch will weight around 3kg...

I am sorry but I think you don't have a clue....it's 20 hrs before you need to recharge the battery (just like a mobile phone)

20 hours is sufficient usage for 1 week of running easily. It just require charging like a phone which is good, beats getting an external gps in other watch which requires change of battery too after around 20-30 hrs. You can also tell exactly how much battery life remaining accurately from the watch. Those are the pros of the garmin sport watches. :cheers:

20 hours is sufficient usage for 1 week of running easily. It just require charging like a phone which is good, beats getting an external gps in other watch which requires change of battery too after around 20-30 hrs. You can also tell exactly how much battery life remaining accurately from the watch. Those are the pros of the garmin sport watches. :cheers:

He wanted something that like a battery watch, battery life last a year. :LMAO:

What is the life span of the Garmin watch battery?

The GPS receiver takes a lot of battery power. The website does not say which chipset that they use. I bet their improved battery life comes from improvement in the power consumption of the GPS chipset. While it is possible to make a watch to last for 1 year without GPS, it is impossible to have GPS turn on and last for 1 year.

The 405 can last for 2 weeks with the GPS off, I am wondering whether they have similar feature so that the watch can be used as a "normal" watch as well.

What is the life span of the Garmin watch battery?

Typically, Lithium battery can be charged/recharged for about 1000 times. If you charge it once a week, it will last for about 20 years... But some frequent runner may charge it once a day, then, it will only last about 3 years...

i love it! put that in my wishlist! :)

It is on my wishlist too!