Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ripley

Marathons In South Korea

Did the Korea open marathon today. I joined the half marathon, route was along the river segregating north and south of Seoul (I mean between myeongdong side and gangnam side).

As such, it was very windy and a very cold run. Air was cold and dry today. But nice event as the people of Korea were friendly and helpful. Same medal as previously posted in this forum for the 2009 edition, except that my medal says 10th anniversary this year. Would come again if it's not so cold!!!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Upcoming Events

• Topics

• let uncle share another list "lobangs"... in late 2020, most of Run in-place marathon events were cancelled, and hence there were "virtual events"  that was held in late 2020 or some that is going to be held in present (2021)... Present (2021)... so the organizer recommends...   uncle submitted GPS-42K for evidence (Dead Sea Marathon) expect by mail... wow..not bad..so uncle explored in recent days...any more "lobang"..Enter more events.. Past 2020...Verona Marathon - Trilogy (Nov 2020), Italy (cancelled) so the organizer recommends...runclusive so uncle submitted...10K/21K/42K (for Verona Marathon - Trilogy)...and completed, approved and expect delivery of...   uncle completed oveaseas "virtual run" on historically sites in Israel (DEAD SEA - once Moses crossed here)...and Italy (Verona - The City of Love : Remeo and Juliet) Do share your run route for your kyoto marathon! .. actually there is not much to share at kyoto marathon, except the medal is very nice...after one for the two designs that ware shortlisted by the members of the running community in late 2020... this one is coming in February....uncle signed up for 50KM... Singapore is a "non-winter" country, so how to show uncle "running in snowshoes" for the event? and meeting all the "requirements" for the Virtual Race? so uncle came up with the "snowshoes"... Ninja Van: "yo...seow uncle kohpapa, this one you ordered from amazon....sign here...." uncle will need 3 supporting evidence (including one with gps)... this one will be one of 3 submissions... yes, uncle going to run with "showshoes" @ ECP Beaches for 50KM for Fun on Sappporo VR (single or multiple submissions)...since someone once asked the organizer...   who says there is no "snow" in Sunny and Sandy Singapore...just run with a smile and fun...with snowshoes...in Feb 2021..😁
    • @kohpapa Go for it Uncle! Do share your run route for your kyoto marathon! 😀
    • uncle represented Singapore as International Paricipant with these submissions...   as well as submission of GPS data [21KM] as evidence... looking forward to receiving from Siberia... sport hat, face shield and finisher's medal.. uncle's overseas virtual races "lobang"...😁 of course, this weekend...Kyoto Marathon 2021... uncle registered as "local resident"... and entered for this race... again this "lobang" was announced in dec 2020.. that is good.... a goal setting right from the start of 2021 and chiong for it... uncle simply follows the list "lobangs" of 2021..that's all...😁
    • I saw Soh running into bedok reservoir park yesterday. Gave him a shout-out. I feel he remains quite a humble guy despite his athletic achievements.
    • i didnt manage to see the brand cause his legs were moving and i was driving... only seen his face...