Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zorrus

Why do you enjoy running?

Wow. I guess I am not alone too. I have 2 kids (2yr/5yrs), no maid. I train in ungodly hours and lunchtime too. But surprisingly, the trainings are the things keeping me sane. I had to plan my time carefully too. and YES, I do run at 4am. Tomorrow, I will have to run at 3:30am just to be back in time for my kids and family. Kudos to all the running parents! Happy running!

waaa..so early sia..haha..u earn my total respect..haha.. :Applause:

haha...the unfortunate side of being a father and running at the same...I went through that...twice..now my 3rd one is coming...I'm thinking it's an all new ball game hehehe...I also don't have a maid boss...I have my in-law taking care of my kids when both me and my wife are at work...so since they are my parents-in-law...they are not maids so they really really just focus on taking care of my kids (as what we discussed with them..) so the dish washing, cooking, laundry, ironing...taking care of the kids when we're at home at night is our (me and my wife's) duty...now my wife is about 3 months pregnant most of these work is carried out by me hehehe...good strength training I always joke....but I still have fun doing it...hehehe...

I have this notion to think about what to cook for them (kids and in-law) for the whole day while I'm running in the early early hours of the weekday hehehehe...making my time more efficient...

My advice, just enjoy and keep thinking ahead...these are our best assets (our kids) that why we take care of them...in turn we may reap ten-fold...

wah... all the parents-running@woodlandsAve12-during-add-hours unite. should hold a late nite session one day. didn't know so many of you fathers doing the same as me... run or cycle late at night or at dawn.

okay... i got 3 kids, 8, 5, and 3 with no maid(still don't believe in it). if you are first timer, i suggest to put the kid and family first. you need that foundation. once you have the 3rd, basically, just tekan the eldest to take care of the youngest. hee hee. just kidding. basically, it gets easier for you on the new born when she's not the first even though you face a new set of problems. in any case, don't look at them as problems, but something you should cherish as they grow up really really fast. so, basically, enjoy every minute of it, inlcuding the running part. (and also the swimming and cycling, if you are mad enough to go tri).

haha..boss supcon good idea...at least I wont be alone anymore along woodlands ave 12 and gambas...junwei see I told you it wasn't that scary to do so...

of course those little things aren't problems...they light up my mood after the stress from work...but I do admit they could be a little "rascal" hehehe..specially my boy (that troublemaker on my avatar hehehe...)...but soon enough they'd join me up for running too...that's the motivation...at least I trained and hopefully I can still catch them....

AT hold them as much as you can...for they grow really fast in time they wont let you cuddle them anymore hehehe....

SP, I'm doing 3:30 AM tomorrow also...need to get back home and do time with the family....

Big props to all the parents who have to juggle work, training, kids, household chores, families and in-laws! Which at this stage of my life its so difficult to fathom...in a way think it's tougher then National Service..ResPECt! :cheers:

i share your respect too!

prob in a few more years, i'll belong to this category. =]

When I get married, I wonder if I can make such commitments given the rapidly progressing society..

Big props to all the parents who have to juggle work, training, kids, household chores, families and in-laws! Which at this stage of my life its so difficult to fathom...in a way think it's tougher then National Service..ResPECt! :cheers:

When I get married, I wonder if I can make such commitments given the rapidly progressing society..

You're still young. Don't worry about it yet. Just enjoy your running now. But it is possible to still run and participate in runs events or even Tri with so many commitments as a full-time working parent. Time mgt, planning, flexibility, discipline and focus is reqd.

You're still young. Don't worry about it yet. Just enjoy your running now. But it is possible to still run and participate in runs events or even Tri with so many commitments as a full-time working parent. Time mgt, planning, flexibility, discipline and focus is reqd.

haha..i havent reach that period of marriage yet..but i believe that the both parties must be supportive towards each other not just in term of sports..every aspects too..this is how i feel, but i guess won't be so easy ba..when u have kids all these, life will be totally different le..

haha..i havent reach that period of marriage yet..but i believe that the both parties must be supportive towards each other not just in term of sports..every aspects too..this is how i feel, but i guess won't be so easy ba..when u have kids all these, life will be totally different le..

If you other half is not runner type, it will be harder for her to understand why you take time out to run regularly.

If you other half is not runner type, it will be harder for her to understand why you take time out to run regularly.

icic..luckily for now, my gf is still quite okok about me running regularly..she understand it and sometimes accompany me for some run too..haha..now, running to me is fun..hopefully it will still be..

icic..luckily for now, my gf is still quite okok about me running regularly..she understand it and sometimes accompany me for some run too..haha..now, running to me is fun..hopefully it will still be..

hope u and ur gf comtinue to keep that passion forever!

:cheers:

Nothing is forever, but it is good to seize the day when you can while you can to treasure self actualization and live a healthy lifestyle. Our philosophy in life will always vary accordingly through time, by circumstances and bell-curve in event.

Cheers.

Ultra

Nothing is forever, but it is good to seize the day when you can while you can to treasure self actualization and live a healthy lifestyle. Our philosophy in life will always vary accordingly through time, by circumstances and bell-curve in event.

Cheers.

Ultra

ya lo..that is how i feel too..who knows what will happen in the future..haha..maybe next time, running will be a nation event le..haha..till then, let's enjoy and treasure what we have..haha..

Cheers.

Ultra

ya lo..that is how i feel too..who knows what will happen in the future..haha..maybe next time, running will be a nation event le..haha..till then, let's enjoy and treasure what we have..haha..

This claim is supported by increasing number of participants in SCSM each year and this yr's SD..

good article. i liked this quote, just to share here.

21. Derek Leong, 25, doctor

"Usually when I need to make an important decision, I go for a long long run, and by the time I finish the run, I would have made the decision."

Trying out new route.

One of the cheapest sport.

Keep fit and to find reason for me to eat more junk foods.

Improve my concentration, determination and perseverance.

One of the time i spend time with God because i listen to sermon while running.

Due to hectic work life, sad to say that it's the only rare time i can do soul searching and reflection.

1) I enjoy running cos the finisher tee is very nice. The nicer the tee.. the more enjoying is the run.

2) I like to run also because can train myself to run away from loan shark.

3) I like running because running can save my life. Imagine someone running after you with a knife....

:)

1) I enjoy running cos the finisher tee is very nice. The nicer the tee.. the more enjoying is the run.

3) I like running because running can save my life. Imagine someone running after you with a knife....

haha..pointer 2 n 3 is like extreme cases..haha..cool..train to run so that can escape if a wild dog chase..

To me, Running can make one forget our problems and also at the end of the run, you feel relaxed! Best of all, you can keep fit!

ur reasons are damn funny lei!

i find this thread very interesting.

especially for me cause i really dun like to run in the past.

i hate the 1st part when i feel so breathless,

pain in the feet and what have you not.

I rather engage in sports like badminton but because i have been getting

alot of shoulder n arm injuries of late, last year i decide to start to jog

to slim down n keep fit.

And also i need to pass my ippt ... i have been a regular at RT.

surprisingly after running for a month, the pains i experienced in my

feet are gone and i keep going further and further.

With very km covered, it gives me a sense of achievement and happiness.

As i am not the physically fit kind, i think running allows me to train my focus

and determination to continue as the temptation of stopping and walking can be

very high when i am tired.

So now, hopefully i can be able to do a full marathon by end of this year or next.

Happy Running Guys & Gals !!

to slim down n keep fit.

As i am not the physically fit kind, i think running allows me to train my focus

So now, hopefully i can be able to do a full marathon by end of this year or next.

can take part in Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon this year..all the best for u..jiayou :smilie_daumen1:

to slim down n keep fit.

one day, u will be able to attain ur goals!

after i bought my new polar RS300, got more motivation to run!

heavy investment leh, or else, the watch will becomes a white elephant =]

I love running because

it is about breaking through barriers,

previously thought impossible to surmount

be it that first 10k, that first marathon, or PB for various distances

it is about letting your feet bring you where you have not gone before

or taking journeys never previously thought possible on foot.

I love running because it makes me feel

I can do anything if I put my heart in it.

It is when I am running hard

that I feel most alive

most connected with my being,

and to my surroundings.

My awareness is heightened

and my senses sharpened.

I feel like I am flying sometimes,

like a kid again.

I run and so I am.