Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bakhwee

ID Band

Many of us would bring along the mobile phone when we are out running but very few would carry our IC or other forms of identification. Most times, nothing would happen to us. However, if you are prone to run/cycle in trails/overseas alone, it may be useful when you are incapacitated as the ID band provides someone who is trying to help you with useful information like your name (in CPR, most times we need to call out the victim's name to see how conscious he or she is), your next-of-kin to contact, your blood type, medication you are currently taking and any allergies/medical conditions (e.g. asthma). The ID band also takes the tedium of filling out the same information behind the bib at every race and should you succumb to say heat exhaustion, all the useful information to the medical team is available on the band around your wrist or ankle.

The ID band also makes great gifts for runner friends. You can even have some made out with just your name, telephone and email and hand it to people you meet at races/training runs and say, "Hey that was a nice run, call me and we can run together again!"

I have one because I have multiple chronic medical conditions, am on medications + allergy to amoxil. So, I got the Road ID.

Hi all! Just to inform you guys. Running Lab is now carrying the ID Band. Anyone would like to order can head down to RL to get it.

It's basically a wristband with CO2 Laser engraving.

Thanks!

Hi all! Just to inform you guys. Running Lab is now carrying the ID Band. Anyone would like to order can head down to RL to get it.

Thanks!

any idea on the pricing?

Thanks!

any idea on the pricing?

its $18.80.

Thanks!

any idea on the pricing?

its $18.80.

Cheaper than the U.S. Road ID that some of us have.

Wonder if this ID Band is as good and come with lifetime warranty too.... :unsure:

Just got it for my little girl this afternoon. I have the road ID for my other family member, the ID band IMO is more for those w/o medical issue, the information it can hold is lesser (50 Character for S size), the quality also feel less tougher than road ID. For a difference of less than $10, I choose road ID. :Worried:

I also saw the ID Band at RL. I think I prefer my roadID. At least it has a strap so it doesn't bounce around, which imo is a tad annoying.

Ok basically i have the roadID too, but after frequent usage, it may get a little smelly because it soaks up the sweat. The IDband on the other hand is like any other wristband, that can be washed easily and since it's rubber, it wont get smelly easily. Nevertheless, RoadID's design is better looking than the IDBand. But the IDBand can put slightly more information on it.

I also saw the ID Band at RL. I think I prefer my roadID. At least it has a strap so it doesn't bounce around, which imo is a tad annoying.

yup agreed totally!

yup agreed totally!

things swinging around while running... remind me of SOC

This does proves that you didn't wash it after each use.

I make it an effort to wash it with every use, and don't have the smelly issue at all.

Ok basically i have the roadID too, but after frequent usage, it may get a little smelly because it soaks up the sweat. The IDband on the other hand is like any other wristband, that can be washed easily and since it's rubber, it wont get smelly easily. Nevertheless, RoadID's design is better looking than the IDBand. But the IDBand can put slightly more information on it.

We have to order online or filling up the form at the Running Lab with the promotion code: sgrunners?

The link that you all provide doesn't really help.

Keep going between the 2 sites that mention 10% discount & also the talking about the IDband.

If order online, what is the exact website?

Btw, any recommendation for running tight for long discount like Full Marathon or Triathlon?

Adidas, Nike, TYR, Arena or some triathlon brand selling at Running Lab?

Not sure which to buy?

Hope some helpful soul can help.

Thank you

What you need to do is to register, after which you can order online.

The sizes can be seen once you add to the shopping cart, which will require you to add in the details and choose the size.

As for the promotion code, you need to put it at the end of the order.

And this order in SGRunners got nothing to do with other vendors.

Hope it helps.

For more queries about this, please feel free to contact them here: http://www.idband.net/Preview/enquiry.php

Thanks! :)

What you need to do is to register, after which you can order online.

The sizes can be seen once you add to the shopping cart, which will require you to add in the details and choose the size.

As for the promotion code, you need to put it at the end of the order.

And this order in SGRunners got nothing to do with other vendors.

Hope it helps.

For more queries about this, please feel free to contact them here: http://www.idband.net/Preview/enquiry.php

Thanks! :)

erhmm i just gotta bit confused here right now... IDband and RoadID.. which is the one by the running lab's promo thingy and which is the one by SGrunner's promo ?

hmm hw different does both actually looks like ?