Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stardust

Dusty Run 2009

This is a thread on Dusty Run 2009. With the completion inaugural of Dusty Run 2008, this run will return again in 10 April 2009 (Friday). You can find all the infro about this run on this thread. Dusty Run 2009 is part of Team FatBird Operation NighHawk running series. There will be 4 categories (Cat 1, 2, 3 & 4), depending on the distance. Runners are strongly encouraged to study the map and be farmilar with the route as there will be no sweeper or leader/marshaller. Pace will be moderate to slow.

Please feel free to discuss and add your comments for this run. Distance to be covered range from 10-50km. The Run will be conducted in night time, in preparation for Sundown Marathon. There WILL NOT be any form of support. Runners are to be self-sufficient. They will have to bring their own refuel : hydration or solid food, muscle rub, cash and devices for communication.

Dusty_Run_09_Poster.jpg

Date: 10 April 2009 (Good Friday, Full Lunar)

Time: 9.00pm

Start/End Point: ECP Carpark F2

Terrain: Relatively flat but with several hilly route

Distance: 10km (Cat 1), 20km (Cat 2), 30km (Cat 3), 50km (Cat 4)

Parking Lot available

Shower facilities available at at Start/End Point

After run: Reward yourself with nice food at Geylang/Bedok

What to bring for the run:

Safety: For your own safety, you are encouraged to bring along 'Blink Blink devices for identification at night

Hydration: You are also encouraged to bring your own water bottle, hydration belt, energy gel, some cash, etc

Dusty Run 2008 Discussion

(on your speaker)

Dusty 30km Route Map

10KM Route

ECP Carpark F2 (Start Point) >> towards a bridge at End of National Sailing Centre >> left turn to main entrance of National Saling Centre >> Underpass to Bedok Park Connector (along expresseway) >> Bedok Park Connector (via Bedok Camp & SBS Bus Terminal) >> once u hit the Canal (u-turn point) [5km] >> Bedok Park Connector (via SBS Bus Terminal & Bedok Camp) >> Underpass to ECP >> towards National Sailing Centre main entrance >> u-turn via the 2 bridges at end of National Sailing Centre >> towards ECP Carpark F2 (End Point) [10km]

20KM Route

ECP Carpark F2 (Start Point) >> towards a bridge at End of National Sailing Centre >> left turn to main entrance of National Saling Centre >> Underpass to Bedok Park Connector >> Bedok Park Connector (Bedok Camp) >> Bedok Park Connector (Along Canal) >> Upper Changi Rd East >> Expo Drive (Singapore Expo) >> Changi South Ave 1 (Expo MRT) >> Xilin Ave >> turn left to Upper Changi Rd East (return route to ECP) >> Bedok Park Connector (Along Canal) [10km] >> Bedok Park Connector (Bedok Camp) >> Bedok Park Connector (along canal) >> Bedok Park Connector (via Bedok Camp & SBS Bus terminal) >> Underpass to ECP >> towards National Sailing Centre main entrance >> towards NRSCC (u-turn point)>> towards ECP Carpark F2 (End Point) [20km]

30KM Route

ECP Carpark F2 (Start Point) >> towards a bridge at End of National Sailing Centre >> left turn to main entrance of National Saling Centre >> Underpass to Bedok Park Connector (along expressway) >> Bedok Park Connector (via Bedok Camp & SBS Bus Terminal) >> Bedok Park Connector (Along Canal) >> Upper Changi Rd East >> right turn to Expo Drive (Singapore Expo) >> right turn to Changi South Ave 1 (Expo MRT) >> right turn to Xilin Ave >> towards Simei Ave (Changi General Hospital) [10km] >> left turn to Tampines Ave 1 (SAFRA Tampines) >> towards Tampines Ave 1 (Temasek Poly) >> left turn to Tampines Ave 10 (HDB Sand/Granite Stockpile) >> Bedok North Rd >> left turn to Bedok Reservoir Rd >>cross over to Bedok Park Connector (Opposite Bedok Reservoir) [16km] >> Bedok Town Park >> Overhead Bridge >> Siglap Park Connector (along PIE) >> Overhead Bridge >> Siglap Park Connector (Kembangan MRT Station) >> Siglap Park Connector (along canal) >> turn left to East Coast Rd [21km] >> turn left to Siglap Rd >> turn right to New Upper Changi Rd >> Bedok South Rd (Temasek JC) >>Upper East Coast Rd >> Bedok Park Connector (via Bedok Camp) >> Underpass to ECP >> towards National Sailing Centre main entrance >> u-turn via the 2 bridges at end of National Sailing Centre >> towards ECP Carpark F2 (End Point) [30km]

50KM Route

ECP Carpark F2 (Start Point) >> towards a bridge at End of National Sailing Centre >> left turn to main entrance of National Saling Centre >> Underpass to Bedok Park Connector (along expressway) >> Bedok Park Connector (via Bedok Camp & SBS Bus Terminal) >> Bedok Park Connector (Along Canal) >> Upper Changi Rd East >> right turn to Expo Drive (Singapore Expo) >> right turn to Changi South Ave 1 (Expo MRT) >> right turn to Xilin Ave >> towards Simei Ave (Changi General Hospital) >> left turn to Tampines Ave 1 (SAFRA Tampines) >> towards Tampines Ave 1 (Temasek Poly) >> left turn to Tampines Ave 10 (HDB Sand/Granite Stockpile) >> Bedok North Rd >> left turn to Bedok Reservoir Rd >>cross over to Bedok Park Connector (Opposite Bedok Reservoir) >> Bedok Town Park >> Overhead Bridge >> Siglap Park Connector (along PIE) >> Overhead Bridge >> Siglap Park Connector (Kembangan MRT Station) >> Siglap Park Connector (along canal) >> tuen left to East Coast Rd >> turn left to Siglap Rd >> turn right to New Upper Changi Rd >> Bedok South Rd (Temasek JC) >> turn left to Upper East Coast Rd >> cross over to Bedok Park Connector (via SBS Bus terminal & Bedok Camp) >> Underpass to ECP >> towards National Sailing Centre main entrance >> towards NSRCC >> towards Changi Coastal Rd >> traffic light at Changi Exhibtion Centre (u-turn point)[40km] >> towards NSRCC >> towards ECP Carpark F2 (End Point) [50km]

This is a thread on Dusty Run 2009. With the completion inaugural of Dusty Run 2008, this run will return again in 10 April 2009 (Friday). You can find all the infro about this run on this thread. Please feel free to discuss and add your comments for this run. Distance to be covered is around 35km The Run will be conducted in night time, in preparation for Sundown Marathon. There WILL NOT be any form of support. Runners are to be self-sufficient. They will have to bring their own refuel : hydration or solid food, muscle rub, cash and devices for communication.

Time: 2100 Hrs

Start/End Point: To be confirmed

Distance: 35km

Route: To be confirmed

Visit Dusty Run 2008 Discussion

Dusty Run - Introduction Preview (coming soon)

Nice....one of the key runs we have been waiting for...

will complement with TFB's Project 'Night Hawk' Marathon Training Program :)

haha i see we have sensibly reduced the distance..

I have missed the original run that was under the heavy rain? The one that I have joined was the NTU night run with over 50 participants but ended up with many taking taxi home before or at the mid point :sweat:

The 1st 35km night training run is still quite a task for many 1st timers and should not be underestimated.

Psst Cokiee, are you joining?

Ultra

haha i see we have sensibly reduced the distance..

Yeah distance reduced as Dusty Run 09 is focusing on training for Sundown 42km and not 84km as most runners are doing 42km this year. But i can plan another 60km route specially for runners going for Sundown 84km. :)

i will be spiritually there with you i think. (:

watz the spider ???

keep buttock at home for yourself ??? APA LA ???

but though 35km is abit long ... itz sooooo much better than last year !!! :Black Eye:

watz the spider ???

but though 35km is abit long ... itz sooooo much better than last year !!! :Black Eye:

Yeah i also find it mentally torturing. But at least we were better prepared for the Sundown Ultra 08.. haha

watz the spider ???

prata, long time didn't see your nonsense post. hahahha....

ya stardust, when i saw the distance i told myself you were so unfair! reduced dusty run by 20km! CHEAT! then i realised you were preparing for 42 and NOT 84.

watz the spider ???

pasti simpanan sedikit la!

But dusty, isn't 10april a little early to be peaking for the may 30race?

haha, sounds fun. no more 60 km this time? :) any shorter option apart from 35 km?

distance is open for discussion.

See what majority wants and i can adjust the distance. :)

haha, sounds fun. no more 60 km this time? :) any shorter option apart from 35 km?

distance is open for discussion.

See what majority wants and i can adjust the distance. :)

hehehe shorter is always cool ... leave more time for kopi-ing and of coz makan-ing !!! :Cuppa:

Just realized that sgrunners got so many talent haha......nice openining ceremony at youtube hahaha.....

(on your speaker)

Would be better if the Dusty Run can cater for both 42 and 84 runners, as I believe quite a few is doing 84 as well.

ya stardust, when i saw the distance i told myself you were so unfair! reduced dusty run by 20km! CHEAT! then i realised you were preparing for 42 and NOT 84.

hey brokie - long time no see your whip ???

but since day one ... all is hav sense - neber no sense !!! ask cookie ???

hahahaha dont say unfair la ... stardust is the fairest of them all :Star:

This is a thread on Dusty Run 2009. With the completion inaugural of Dusty Run 2008, this run will return again in 10 April 2009 (Friday). You can find all the infro about this run on this thread. Please feel free to discuss and add your comments for this run. Distance to be covered is around 35km The Run will be conducted in night time, in preparation for Sundown Marathon. There WILL NOT be any form of support. Runners are to be self-sufficient. They will have to bring their own refuel : hydration or solid food, muscle rub, cash and devices for communication.

Time: 2100 Hrs

Start/End Point: To be confirmed

Distance: 35km

Route: To be confirmed

Visit Dusty Run 2008 Discussion

(on your speaker)

Dusty... yes, we are all look forward to this Special Dusty Run!! :smilie_daumen1: many will only be ready to do 30km... let us know where to U-turn for 30km, okie... :)

hey brokie - long time no see your whip ???

but since day one ... all is hav sense - neber no sense !!! ask cookie ???

hahahaha dont say unfair la ... stardust is the fairest of them all :Star:

Prata ... How abt Prata Makan Run , 22km on 13 Mar??? <_<

Is it safe to run along the cemetery? especially for slow runner like myself. :Secret:

got cemetery meh?

got... Jalan Bahar & Lim Chu Kang.. saw some pics for last year. :)

Is it safe to run along the cemetery? especially for slow runner like myself. :Secret:

got cemetery meh?

oh yes correct correct! we ran past a christian cemetery but for a very short stretch la. very very short. it is not the dead we should worry. it is the living. do you know how naughty these runners were? hah!

:LMAO:

however, i remember very vividly the unforgettable "frangrance" of the bodily expulsion of some feathers friends.

hahaha....

Psst Brokie, Runalone and I saw some candles at the main entrance of the cemetery, not sure if you lot have sighted it too last time?

got cemetery meh?

oh yes correct correct! we ran past a christian cemetery but for a very short stretch la. very very short. it is not the dead we should worry. it is the living. do you know how naughty these runners were? hah!

:LMAO:

however, i remember very vividly the unforgettable "frangrance" of the bodily expulsion of some feathers friends.

hahaha....

i c.. i see.. u going brokie?

Psst Brokie, Runalone and I saw some candles at the main entrance of the cemetery, not sure if you lot have sighted it too last time?

Near my place, I'll probably cycle and provide some camel support for the initial part til 11ish/MN since have an appt next morning if that's required