Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikerocks

garmin 405

Juz join Garmin 405. Got it from Perfect Watch for $450 (including heart rate monitor). I also got a bike handle mount.

Hi there, how much for the bike handle mount?

The bike handle mount is $35.

Juz join Garmin 405. Got it from Perfect Watch for $450 (including heart rate monitor). I also got a bike handle mount.

Hi there, how much for the bike handle mount?

The bike handle mount is $35.

I am interested in getting one. How is the wtch mounted on the bike? Easy to take it off the bike to start a run?

Thank you.

I am interested in getting one. How is the wtch mounted on the bike? Easy to take it off the bike to start a run?

Thank you.

Please check out Garmin website how the watch is mounted.

It will take sometime to "wear" the watch on the bike. It will also take sometime to take it off. It is not suitable for a race. However, it is still very useful for training ride.

Lastly, don't mount Garmin next to cyclometer. Cyclometer will not work anymore.

Thank you.

Please check out Garmin website how the watch is mounted.

It will take sometime to "wear" the watch on the bike. It will also take sometime to take it off. It is not suitable for a race. However, it is still very useful for training ride.

Lastly, don't mount Garmin next to cyclometer. Cyclometer will not work anymore.

Well unless it is a wireless count, it shouldn't matter right? Garmin uses wireless.

The web site doesn't have a clear pic of how its mounted.

Thanks.

I didn't use my G405 for more than a month since I was sick. Now it just doesn't charge up.

Anyone else has had similar problems?

I don't think the Garmin 405 battery can last for more than a week. Especially after a run, the battery will deplete very fast.

I didn't use my G405 for more than a month since I was sick. Now it just doesn't charge up.

I don't think the Garmin 405 battery can last for more than a week. Especially after a run, the battery will deplete very fast.

Yep, but it should be able to charge again rite? I plug it and leave it overnite... still nothing! :(

Yep, but it should be able to charge again rite? I plug it and leave it overnite... still nothing! :(

Can change the battery? Otherwise, the whole Garmin trashed!

No. It's like an iPod. Once the battery dies, it's trash.

Yo Ritchy - you haven't posted for a while.

In Australia, there is a Garmin service centre. Once the battery dies, it can be 'refurbished' , but the cost is quite steep A$120+ or around 25-30% of the watch cost.

Actually with Garmin, the best thing you can do is to hope that the watch will die (accidentally or purposely) at 11th month. Send it back since it's under warranty and get a replacement. So at least, you get 2 years of watch use.

Try cleaning the contact points and move it around a little when clipping it on. Mine works after cleaning and adjustment of clip. :Praying:

aiyo... you check check and check properly already? did you remember to turn on the power? :Tounge: mine died twice before and each time it can still come alive when I charge leh. i even reset it manually once.

pls shower your watch with a lot of TLC la....

Thanks Richy. I will consider this matter when I get a Garmin later.

haha, tried everything and also showered lot of TLC, but no use... anyway, it's only 7 mths yet - have warranty card n receipt, will be taking it down to the dealer soon. Let's see :Praying:

haha, tried everything and also showered lot of TLC, but no use... anyway, it's only 7 mths yet - have warranty card n receipt, will be taking it down to the dealer soon. Let's see :Praying:

All the best bro, hope they don't make things difficult for you.

Off topic, I purchased my 305 off amazon, and it doesn't come with any warranty card. I registered the product online le but is it sufficient?

All the best bro, hope they don't make things difficult for you.

Off topic, I purchased my 305 off amazon, and it doesn't come with any warranty card. I registered the product online le but is it sufficient?

for those Garmin units that were not bought locally, it's still covered by international warranty. from what I know, u need to send it to Garmin in Taiwan for RMA or repair. all the shipping charges back and forth will have to be borned by the owner.

for those Garmin units that were not bought locally, it's still covered by international warranty. from what I know, u need to send it to Garmin in Taiwan for RMA or repair. all the shipping charges back and forth will have to be borned by the owner.

You mean, Garmin watches are made from Taiwan? If Taiwan made, why so expensive?

You mean, Garmin watches are made from Taiwan? If Taiwan made, why so expensive?

Errh... price of product is not derived from where it is made...

It could b parts coming from all over d world but assembled in TW. Even though it is made in Taiwan, our local unit might not b coming straight from TW (due to minimum order quantity).

Anyway, i think d price has come down a lot since it was launched LY. I m not sure whether d price of $450 (including HRM) from official channel still stands.

Guys,

Is my garmin malfunctioning?

Lately, runs reflected on it do not tally with the records in Garmin Connect. The records on GC have been showing distances which are much lesser. =(

Guys,

Is my garmin malfunctioning?

Lately, runs reflected on it do not tally with the records in Garmin Connect. The records on GC have been showing distances which are much lesser. =(

hmm. just a guess, issit cos the records on GC are in miles?