Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikerocks

garmin 405

yo folks ...

is the Mac version for Garmin 405 out yet? (yes i am one of those Mac user who don't use dual boot)

my Polar RS200SD footpod just die-ed on my last month ... after a good two or three years of use ...

so its probably time to get a new HRM watch ...

Cheers

Alex

http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/ - the communicator part is...

which means it should be able you to detect...

the rest.. not too sure..

The Garmin Training Center is Mac-compatible as well...

So u r definitely good to go.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection....ct=999-99999-04

I'm planning to get the forerunner 405. So should I get it from Sim Lim or is there any other places that I should look at ?

try motion sports at paragon, maybe not the cheapest, but i hate going to sim lim

Bought mine at EastGear last month as they were offering the best price. So far so good. Love to see my runs on Google Earth. However, the battery lasts less than the 8 hrs spec with GPS on. Even shorter if you use the GPS to topo back to a stored location.

Heard from a friend who heard from a friend ... that with the drop in Euro, the Garmin 405 is now selling at equivalent of S$200 - $300 in Europe. Anybody can confirm this?

well... i use the garmin website... from germany.. the price is 299.00 EUR, through xe.com

299.00 EUR

=

613.021 SGD

er..unless can get at 99 euro

99.00 EUR

=

202.929 SGD

Euro Singapore Dollars

1 EUR = 2.04979 SGD 1 SGD = 0.487855 EUR

well... i use the garmin website... from germany.. the price is 299.00 EUR, through xe.com

299.00 EUR

=

613.021 SGD

er..unless can get at 99 euro

99.00 EUR

=

202.929 SGD

Euro Singapore Dollars

Maybe thats the Garmin Forerunner 50 pricing?

299.00 EUR

=

613.021 SGD Wah like that where got cheap!

er..unless can get at 99 euro where advertise for sale at 99 euro? for the 405?

99.00 EUR

=

202.929 SGD

Euro Singapore Dollars

anyone experience this problem? lately my garmin is going crazy on me.. for the last few runs, the distance and route is the same but the distance recorded is increasing.. now there's a difference of 200 to 300m for each run.. the pace even showed i'm running at 4 to 5min++/km sometimes.. i'm not a fast runner so normally my pace is like 6.30 or 6.40 min/km or the fastest 6min++/km.. this is crazy... don't tell me my garmin is dying on me.. :Praying:

Do a hard reset and see how it goes.

anyone experience this problem? lately my garmin is going crazy on me.. for the last few runs, the distance and route is the same but the distance recorded is increasing.. now there's a difference of 200 to 300m for each run.. the pace even showed i'm running at 4 to 5min++/km sometimes.. i'm not a fast runner so normally my pace is like 6.30 or 6.40 min/km or the fastest 6min++/km.. this is crazy... don't tell me my garmin is dying on me.. :Praying:

just came back from sim lim, found a shop that sells the 405 for price slightly lower than eastgear (USD318.92) with 1 year local warranty.

Juz join Garmin 405. Got it from Perfect Watch for $450 (including heart rate monitor). I also got a bike handle mount.

just wanted to ask...yesterday I did a morning LSD and as usual (for me...) around 5AM I get a hard time getting sat signal (I live around Woodlands area)...so what I did was let the watch search as I did warm up jog/walk...after that it went to the Training Mode so I thought it already acquired sat signal...after I stopped for about 1k and did stretching (in open air location...before Ave 12 - Seagate factory) I just found that the sat signal icon is still blinking "X" meaning it still hasn't got any sat signal...however the watch was reading the distance I have already travelled (I quite know the mileage of this route as I usually start around this path..) and it was showing correct distance...so I re-did the sat signal search and finally got a "correct" sat signal icon...so off I did with my run...

however, as I uploaded the data just now in Garmin Connect website...the Dashboard will show the lap splits (auto lap mode) and everything (i.e. HR, distance, pace) but it did not show the graphs, maps, elevation details...

I just did the hard reset now...and will test for a short run tomorrow early morning before work but just wondering....

What's the difference between the 405 & the 405CX? Anybody can enlighten?

got calorie counter. and from pics, looks like comes in blue

just wanted to ask...yesterday I did a morning LSD and as usual (for me...) around 5AM I get a hard time getting sat signal (I live around Woodlands area)...so what I did was let the watch search as I did warm up jog/walk...after that it went to the Training Mode so I thought it already acquired sat signal...after I stopped for about 1k and did stretching (in open air location...before Ave 12 - Seagate factory) I just found that the sat signal icon is still blinking "X" meaning it still hasn't got any sat signal...however the watch was reading the distance I have already travelled (I quite know the mileage of this route as I usually start around this path..) and it was showing correct distance...so I re-did the sat signal search and finally got a "correct" sat signal icon...so off I did with my run...

however, as I uploaded the data just now in Garmin Connect website...the Dashboard will show the lap splits (auto lap mode) and everything (i.e. HR, distance, pace) but it did not show the graphs, maps, elevation details...

I just did the hard reset now...and will test for a short run tomorrow early morning before work but just wondering....

Mine too. Sometimes I get so pissed just let it run by itself. lol. I ran 7km, it says 7.8km. Another time 7km, it says 6km :LMAO: .

Maybe reception is not good.

I guess we have to use it often. Last time i never have this problem when I ran frequently.

Juz join Garmin 405. Got it from Perfect Watch for $450 (including heart rate monitor). I also got a bike handle mount.

Hi there, how much for the bike handle mount?

The Forerunner 405CX is the evolution of GPS-enabled training. This sleek sport watch tracks your distance, pace and heart rate, then wirelessly sends the data to your PC for later analysis. The 405CX features heart rate-based calorie computation and comes with a second wrist band option suitable for smaller wrists.

Calling brokie......

Mine too. Sometimes I get so pissed just let it run by itself. lol. I ran 7km, it says 7.8km. Another time 7km, it says 6km :LMAO: .

Maybe reception is not good.

I guess we have to use it often. Last time i never have this problem when I ran frequently.

In Singapore, I never get so much error with my 305. I believe the 405 and 305 has the same chipset. Maybe the 405 tradeoff a good antenna for a better looking shape therefore, more likely to have error.

I have the 101, 205 before, and now the 405. Locking on to the satallite by 405 is definitely faster than 101 and 205. Distance clocked by all 3 models is pretty accurate. The functions is more or less the same for all 3 models as well. Except that the 405 can display only 3 data fields in one single screen.

But Garmin had overcome this by designing the 405 to be able to auto scroll to another screen which able to display another 3 data fields. A total of 3 different screen can be scroll with a total of 9 data fields. And the scrolling speed can be set as well, which I think is quite thoughtful by Garmin.

In Singapore, I never get so much error with my 305. I believe the 405 and 305 has the same chipset. Maybe the 405 tradeoff a good antenna for a better looking shape therefore, more likely to have error.

I have the 101, 205 before, and now the 405. Locking on to the satallite by 405 is definitely faster than 101 and 205. Distance clocked by all 3 models is pretty accurate. The functions is more or less the same for all 3 models as well. Except that the 405 can display only 3 data fields in one single screen.

But Garmin had overcome this by designing the 405 to be able to auto scroll to another screen which able to display another 3 data fields. A total of 3 different screen can be scroll with a total of 9 data fields. And the scrolling speed can be set as well, which I think is quite thoughtful by Garmin.

just wondering, how is the baterry running time?

About 07:40:49 when fully charged. Trial and tested during the MR25 UltraMarathon :Big Grin: Run till battery totally flat...hahaha....

Wait for a while and get the 310xt...20 hours battery life, good enough for 6 marathon races back-to-back...