Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikerocks

garmin 405

That was so true yesterday @ the GE30, I am so glad that I was wearing the Garmin cuz there was so few distance markers. Without the watch, think I will just keep running and don't know what is the distance I've ran so far and what is the distance left. This is important as you know when to reserve your energy and when to start picking up pace. And also to tell me that am I running at a too fast or too slow pace.

When there was a lack of distance markers at the GE30km yesterday, so many runners must have wished they had a Garmin....a few runners asked me for distance and timings (maybe they were thinking I was also a Pacer yesterday...hehe).

With the Garmin, I didn't even have to look at the distance markers, and did have a light unfair advantage lah....haha

The GPS has an error of +/- 100m deliberately added by the US government.

The 100m error was due to Selective Availability, which was already turned off in 2000. Now the accuracy is 3-5m in clear view.

Hi have anybody know what the number from the virtual partner means when the screen shown " YOU ARE AHEAD BY

0.15(left) 01:24(right) "

Thank you

0.15 should be 150m ahead

1:24 should be 1min 24secs ahead

Hi have anybody know what the number from the virtual partner means when the screen shown " YOU ARE AHEAD BY

Thank you

Thank you

Hi acidburn, thank alot for enlighten me as I have been trying very hard to figure out what that means since day one.

So you have a 405 as well?

Thank you

Hi acidburn, thank alot for enlighten me as I have been trying very hard to figure out what that means since day one.

Can the 405 be used for Triathlon? Heard that the bezel will not function when its wet, such that during activity you'll not be able to change certain settings/views. Considering the Garmin 405 or the Suunto T6C for multisports use. Thank you!

Can the 405 be used for Triathlon? Heard that the bezel will not function when its wet, such that during activity you'll not be able to change certain settings/views. Considering the Garmin 405 or the Suunto T6C for multisports use. Thank you!
405 not good for swimming...

can cycle and run...

For 405, it is not easy to change from bike mode to run mode during transition... Unless you really sit down and scroll thru the menus.

Thank you for the feedback!!

The 405 seems like a perfect gadget to have but not too perfect for swimming & cycling. Even if use entirely for running, if sweat or rain falls onto the bezel, it might have problem with the bezel.

Thanks!

For me, I don't feel a problem at all if the bezel is wet cuz I won't touch it till the training/event is over. I don't change the settings/views once I started it.

Thank you for the feedback!!

The 405 seems like a perfect gadget to have but not too perfect for swimming & cycling. Even if use entirely for running, if sweat or rain falls onto the bezel, it might have problem with the bezel.

Thanks!

Help! My Garmin 405 hung on me... There is nothing i could do... does not respond to anything... Is there a way to hard reset?

Press and hold the 2 buttons on the right of the watch. This will force it to reset.

Help! My Garmin 405 hung on me... There is nothing i could do... does not respond to anything... Is there a way to hard reset?

Hi,

Just brought my 405 today and is charging it now.

Have a questions? How do I turn off the watch?

Don't seen to have an off button in sight. It just goes on stand-by mode.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Hi,

Just brought my 405 today and is charging it now.

Have a questions? How do I turn off the watch?

Don't seen to have an off button in sight. It just goes on stand-by mode.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Hi Deerbike, u can't turn it off. The standby mode battery life is preety long and efficient even after u log 1-2 hour runs.

I have a Garmin 405 watch which have worked beautifully thus far :)

I am now looking for the HRM wear-link to begin HR training...recommendations for a good place and price to get the HR belt from will be appreciated...thanks.

Dream, can get from Simlim or Holland V ma.....

I am now looking for the HRM wear-link to begin HR training...recommendations for a good place and price to get the HR belt from will be appreciated...thanks.

Dreamrunner,

You can get them at PerfectWatch in SimLim Square. They have the HRM for about $60 (from memory, so might be off on the price).

Perfect Watch is on the ground floor. They have a lot of Garmin products there.

Good luck.

APteryx

Acid... U know the price of the HRM wearlink at Perfect Watch?

DO,

I called Perfect Watch, and they said it is $75 for wearlink.

Anyway, some kind forummer has promised to sell me his....I'll take it.

Thanks for the responses.

DO,

I called Perfect Watch, and they said it is $75 for wearlink.

Anyway, some kind forummer has promised to sell me his....I'll take it.

Thanks for the responses.

Wah... that's good... thanks for the infos... :)

I'm planning to get the forerunner 405. So should I get it from Sim Lim or is there any other places that I should look at ?

yo folks ...

is the Mac version for Garmin 405 out yet? (yes i am one of those Mac user who don't use dual boot)

my Polar RS200SD footpod just die-ed on my last month ... after a good two or three years of use ...

so its probably time to get a new HRM watch ...

Cheers

Alex

yo folks ...

is the Mac version for Garmin 405 out yet? (yes i am one of those Mac user who don't use dual boot)

my Polar RS200SD footpod just die-ed on my last month ... after a good two or three years of use ...

so its probably time to get a new HRM watch ...

Cheers

Alex

http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/ - the communicator part is...

which means it should be able you to detect...

the rest.. not too sure..

I'm planning to get the forerunner 405. So should I get it from Sim Lim or is there any other places that I should look at ?

You could buy it locally from Eastgear :

http://www.eastgear.com/store/garmin-forer...itor-p-294.html

yes.. east gear seems to have the best price now at 449SGD comes with hrm strap