Hi, I shared this thread in 2015. Sorry did have time to reply then. Yes the route was quite straight. Recee and planned it several weeks ahead.
1. 530am. Took a taxi to Tanjong Beach . Walked to the Tj Beach circle just at the condo back gate. Locked the Garmin.
Started my way out.
2. After Vivo turn right into Telok Blangah. Up the slopes them Lower Delta.
3. Lower Delta (toiler break at Esso or drinks), River Valley road then left into Paterson, Orchard, Scotts Road.
4. Be careful crossing at Newton Circus, Newton Rd pass Royal Hotel.
5. At Novena junction to left into Thomson Road. Slopes up and then down. SPC Station drink stop.
6. Pass Thomson Medical onwards to Whitley under the PIE, Far East Flora.
7. Slide left to MacRitchie Res. then right into Upp Thomson Road. West Lake estate.
8. Upp Thomson Road, lots of MRT construction, but cement paths are well lit.
9. This part is at 13km mark. Mostly uphill for the next 5-6km. Thomson Plaza, SICC, Venus Drive.
10. Some friendly down slopes with greens on the left. then climb again at Lower Pierce.
11. Passing Casuarina Roti Prata, YCK junction is the peak and then drop.
12. Up and down path all the way to Springleaf. (stop at petrol stations for drinks)
13. Ampang Yong Tau Fu, then slide right into Sebawang Road.
14. Pass Mandai Junction. Sembawang Golf Course then Nee Soon camp.
15. Straight on Chong Pang Estate. (if thirsty stop by for a Pocari)
16. Gambas Ave and Yishun Ave 7 junction, straight
17. Sembawang Shopping Center... here comes the tricky part.
18. Straight into Canberra Road. new HDB estates surrounds you.
19 Straight on and slight curve to the right... you will see Admiralty Lane. Bare open and hot at that time. Empty land. 400m of this.
20. Come to Sembawang Drive. Take right towards north. Almost there.
21. Next junction Admiralty Rd West. Cross over and take left. You will see a shabby looking SAF Yatch club boat.
22. The public road next to Sembawang Camp. 300m to finish. Run in.
23. You will see the public car park. There is a gate into the restaurant inside the SAF Yatch club. (Security is not tight) say you need to use toilet.
24. Not finished until you go to the boat ramp and touch the water in the Johor Straits. Enjoy the view. You did it!
25. Have a drink at the Restaurant. Call a cab! ... 30.6km!
1. Camelpak. 500ml.
2. Phone (w Google map downloaded easier)
3. Shirt and towel to change at the end
4. Energy gel, salts.
5. Money $30, NRIC.
Try it. Enjoy.